Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brett's Back

For the first time in my life I can honesty admit that I believe Brett Favre wanted to retire. We all know that as the body ages it takes longer to recover after competing at such a high level. After the pounding he took in the NFC Championship, not too many people should be able to question the pain he was in. And after having his best season statistically in years he finally could leave the game with his head held high and with his critics (myself included) silenced. But what does Favre do, he decides to come back for one more year.

Favre says he owes the Vikings to at least give it one more try, but what does he owe the people that are sick and tired of having to go through this every year? What about the people that feel like he should just retire and live on his ranch or farm or whatever? Look before you tell me to stop hating on Favre, lets be clear. I'm not a Favre hater. He is one of the best QB's ever. And if you feel that he is No. 1, I can see why, I disagree 100% but we all have our own opinions.

So what happens this year if the Vikings stink? What if Favre stinks? Does Favre come back for one more year in order to leave on a good note? What is Tarvaris Jackson thinking? That's who I really feel bad for. This guy lead the Vikings to the playoffs in 2008 and is still young and raw, so they should start to focus on him and not force a guy that doesn't want to play anymore to throw a helmet on.

Again Favre is a great QB but he cannot play forever. Eventually they will have to hand the keys over to another QB. Why not do it sooner rather than later so that you can find the "right guy" before you're key offensive players get old, and your defense falls off.


4 comments:

  1. I wish Brett will never leave again. Brett, stay with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I understand why all my colleagues read your blog. Thanks a lot for sharing your precious experience with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he wanted to retire! This is not an easy situation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that 'sooner' is better int his situation. He has time to learn something, This is a benefit.

    ReplyDelete