Monday, January 11, 2010

Be careful what you ask for

Ok how the season ended was horrible. Back to back losses to your division rival and not one game was close. The defense looked like a pop warner team playing against a high school team, and the quarterback did not play well during either game. So naturally most people in Philly are screaming "get rid of the QB!" But why?

I really hope Birds fans truly take sometime to think about how getting rid of Donovan McNabb may have its ups and its downs.

I mean what are the positives? You get to start over with a young QB but how much do you really know about him? I mean he could stink, or he could be great. But I'm bias, I want 5 to stay.

What about the negatives? What if Kolb stinks? How many times have teams been set back because of taking a chance on the wrong QB? Do you guys want to turn into the Browns? The Raiders? The Redskins? The Chiefs? The Bucs? I mean I can go on and on and on.

Yes I know it's all about winning a Super Bowl! TRUST ME I DO! Shoot I want to party on Broad St. I want to celebrate with ALL my fellow fans! I want to spend a check or two on Super Bowl merchandise! BUT I also know I do not want to turn into those teams I mentioned earlier. I would hate it if my team turned into a joke!

Yes the Eagles need A LOT of fine tuning! They need 2 safeties, another corner, another defensive end, and possibly another linebacker. Oh and that is just on the defensive side of the ball. They also need a few o lineman, but a new QB is the last thing they need.

McNabb is one of the best in the league. He may have some big game issues, however if you manage the game right he may not have the chance to mess up if you strengthen o line. Possibly run the ball more, and use the fullback more.

Man getting rid of 5 would be horrible, could end up being the worst move ever. Could turn the franchise into the laughing stock of the league. PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

1 comment:

  1. Where is Jason Reid, now? Let's hear more about how the Redskins mistreated Fat Albert and washed-up McNabb.

    ReplyDelete