Sunday, December 20, 2009

D Jack

So Philadelphia's 27-13 win over San Francisco wasn't pretty but Eagles fans will take it. The game started off great. The birds were moving the ball at will and once again DeSean Jackson showed why I think he is the most exciting player in football. Jackson finished the game with 140 yards and a touchdown.

I am asking Eagles fans to really think about this question. REALLY think about it. Is D Jack the most exciting player in Eagles history? I'm not asking is he the best ever, I'm asking is he the most exciting player in the history of the franchise? Think about that before you respond.

To me he is, no question nor is there any doubt. I cannot think of any player in my 28 years of being a fan that was more exciting. It seems like every time he touches the football he can score. No matter if he gets the ball on a reverse, catches a pass over the middle, or if he fields a punt and is forced to step back and wait for the hole to open up and then explodea through it. I mean wow this guy is amazing. I have followed this team all my life. The only other guy that I can think of is possibly my favorite football player of all-time (Randall Cunningham), and I do not think he is even close to D Jack.

I loved Randall as a player, I even stopped wearing a pair of sneakers my mom brought me just because he got hurt when I wore them. I'm sorry let me explain. Those sneakers were BRAND NEW. Not a few days old, I'm talking about fresh out the box! I wore them during a game when the Eagles played the Jets, and well true fans know the rest of the story. Well I NEVER EVER put those sneakers on my feet again.

With all that being said, D Jack is more exciting to me. I know football is a team sport, but I want him to get the ball every play. Shoot I would like to see him play DB and see if he could pick a few passes of and watch him take it to the house (just kidding) but that's how exciting he is to me. No disrespect to Cunningham, or Brian Westbrook, I just think D Jack is that amazing.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment