Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wow

Um can someone explain to me what is going on? Is this the week for being reunited with former teams? First it was the Sixers and Allen Iverson, and now this! For those that are lost, ESPN is reporting that the Philadelphia Phillies and Placido Polanco have reached a deal (with a physical pending). Do you guys like that move? I do.

Polanco is a career .300 hitter and shows much more plate discipline than former Phillies third basemen Pedro Feliz. I also like the move because he should be able to spell Chase Utley throughout the season. And anyone that watched the Phillies all last season knows that Utley plays much better when he receives rest.

To be honest with you, the move just makes sense. It will give the team a chance to move Shane Victorino down in the order, giving a much better hitter later in the lineup and will most likely move Polanco to the No.2 spot (between Jimmy Rollins and Utley). Shoot to be real with you guys, I am getting more and more excited as I read about Polanco. This guy has never struck out 50 times in a season, something this Phillies lineup can use...PLATE DISCIPLINE!

Man just when you think this team will can not surprise you, they do. This team is continuing to show its fans that they are trying to win every year and not just settling for regular season success. I hope they do not stop with Polanco. I honestly would look at adding John Lackey to the starting rotation and adding to the bullpen.

Wow I am hype for next season...I can smell a World Series rematch already. LETS GO!

1 comment:

  1. Strikeouts mean nothing. We just signed an aging, declining, slap-hitting, slick-fileding 2B to play 3B. I'd love to know why Ruben Amaro is only interested in acquiring overachieving ancient players. It's really confusing.

    ReplyDelete