Monday, December 14, 2009

No Way!

My eyes must be playing tricks on me. There is noway that the Sixers just defeated the Warriors. Wait let me check the box score one more time. I mean I did watch the entire game, but like I said, my eyes must be playing tricks on me. WOW they aren't.

For those that missed the game, it was pretty pretty pretty good. Allen Iverson and Jrue Holiday looked impressive in the backcourt together. Holiday seemed to get the ball to Iverson when he needed it, and put A.I. in the right spots to score. That may be why he finished with 20 points on 7-10 shooting (Iverson also had four assist and only one turnover). Holiday also finished with double digit points (15) and also 6 assist. Those two looked fast and impressive all night long and appeared to give the Warriors problems.

However the real star of the game appeared to be Thaddeus Young. Young finished with 26 points and 14 rebounds...WOW. I would love to see the Sixers design more plays for Young and less for Iggy. No I am not taking a shot at Andre, but I just think Young has a lot of talent and if given a chance, he may be a special player.

Believe it or not, I actually still think that the Sixers will continue to get better every game (I know that makes every John Wall fan upset). Think about it, they have had a lead in every game since Iverson's return. But when they're forced to put the bench players in, they lose it. So plug in a healthy Lou Williams and Marreese Speights, and take out guys like Royal Ivey and Willie Green...hmm this team may be fun to watch. AGAIN I am not saying they will win anything major, but I do think they will make a run at the 6-8 seeds in the East.

I know this is just one win, but I have been watching this team all season long and I see something in them. This team may be cool to watch when they get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment