Friday, November 13, 2009

How good is Cutler?

I was one of those people that believed in Jay Cutler and felt like he got a raw deal in Denver. But I must admit that was without watching him play that often. I was going off of what people were saying about him and how a lot were making him the next great QB. But after watching him play majority of his games this year, my thoughts on him have changed.

I am not going to say he sucks...but he is not as good as most think. He has a great arm and is one tough SOB (when he is not crying about stuff), BUT his accuracy/decision making is horrible. So far this season he has 14 TD's and 17 INT's. Um I am not an NFL expert, but that is not good. During this season he has had four multiple interception games, three of those four games he had more INT's than TD's. Um is that good? NO!

In 2006 he threw 14 INTs, and 18 in 2007. And like I said earlier he has 17 already this season. So unless he gets on a crazy hot streak and decides to not throw an INT for the rest of the season, he will throw a career high this year. Also his QB rating is the lowest it has been (76) since entering the league in 2006.

To his credit he does not have the WR's that he had in Denver nor is his O-line as good in Chicago, but that does not mean he should be on the way to shattering his career high of INT's.

I still think he is a solid QB, but I no longer feel like he is a "top of the line" QB. Maybe he will turn it around but I highly doubt that will be this year. He is on the verge of becoming a hasbeen, I hope that does not happen because the league needs the Bears to be relevent.

No comments:

Post a Comment