Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just retire....PLEASE

Ok anyone that knows me is well aware that Allen Iverson is my favorite player of all time. I am very happy that I had a chance to watch his entire professional career. He is one of the best to ever touch a basketball and one of the most popular players off all time. I never thought I would say what I am about to say, BUT I have to. PLEASE retire. PLEASE!

I defended you when you pulled stunt after stunt when you were a member of my 76ers. When you went to Denver I wanted you to win an NBA championship (unless my Sixers had a chance) and felt that you had the "supporting cast" you needed. When you got traded to Detroit I felt that you were finally on the right team. And when they wanted to bench you I understood why you were upset. I agreed that a player of you caliber did not deserve to come off the bench. But I cannot back you up anymore.

Please man just retire. You are messing up your legacy. You are making it easy for all of your "haters" to remember you for your stubborn moments and when you refused to come off the bench. People hardly remember when you crossed Jordan, or when you stepped over Tyronn Lue.

I would love to see you return to form and play on a team like the Cavs and win a championship. But if you cannot do that and accept that you will come off the bench for 95% of the teams in the league then just retire. Allow your true fans the chance to remember you for being a great player and not how the media portrays you. You had a great career and will be a first ballot hall of famer. You are one of the greatest scorers ever and that is how I will remember you. But please take my advice and just retire.

2 comments:

  1. were you a little teary eyed writing this??? it's so sad, i can feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah but dude is my favorite player ever...so I hate seeing him like this

    ReplyDelete