Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Rising Suns?

When I talk about how hot the Rising Suns are I am not talking about the the white on white Jordans that have not come out yet in most areas (but I already have them), I am talking about the Phoenix Suns led by Steve Nash. Are you shocked? Well I am!

When the season started most people like myself counted the Suns out including Nash. All people talked about were the Lakers, Cavs, Spurs and Celtics. Oh yeah i forgot the Mavs and Magic. But show me one analyst that predicted the Suns would be this good so early. I am far from a Nash fan but I must admit he looks good so far in the young season. This guy is averaging 18.3 points and 12.9 assist per game...WOW! I know I know who have the Suns played so far. Wait didn't they just beat the Celtics not too long ago? Yes! Didn't they defeat the Heat also? Yes! And I mean I know the Sixers are not good but Nash dropped 20 assist that game and led his team to a win on back to back nights during their first East coast road trip.

I am not saying that the Suns are going to win the NBA championship, in fact I know they will not. However I do think they will be one of the top four teams in the West (barring injury) along with the Lakers, Spurs and Nuggets.

It's suprises like this one that makes the NBA season great to me. I am very excited to see how the season pans out and which teams fall off and which teams stay afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment