Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Who cares!

I am a four for four guy. For all of my non sports fans, that means I love all four professional sports teams in Philly. With that being said let me start this off by saying I am a huge 76ers fan. I am 28 years old and I think out of those 28 years, I have been to about 18-20 season openers. So I have been a witness of the good times and the bad. I was excited when they drafted Iverson, and disgusted when they drafted Shawn Bradley.

So without further delay, this team sucks. They are frustrating to watch and I feel like I need to just show up to the games with a brown bag on my head. I know what you are thinking, they have a pretty cool team. Iggy, Thad, Brand, and a bunch of other players. And I would respond by saying who? Oh yeah the guys on the team that will win enough games to not get a good lottery pick but not enough to actually make a run at a championship.

If you know me, you know I am not a fan of Iggy (Andre Iguodala). I once felt like he was"trash" but my thoughts about him are changing. He is "ok" but not a franchise player. He would be a great fit for teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Suns etc. Teams that do not need him to be the #1 option or even the #2 option. Unfortunately for this team, they are asking him to be the man and he is just not capable of that. Yeah he can do it every few games but the Sixers need him to be the go to guy every night.

Take Wednesday nights game vs. the Bobcats. Iggy had 25 points and 5 rebounds. And I yawned. Because again "who cares?" Not this guy. This guy is sick and tired of this team. I want them to blow it up again. So that they can get a Kevin Durant type player in the draft and not be forced to pick from the middle of the pack. I do not want them to win 39 to 41 games and get knocked out in the first round. Oh wait I forgot win the first game of the series suckering fans like myself to believe they can win the series...but they never do.

I just want to win! Is that too much to ask? If it is, I apologize...but if it's not...JUST DO IT!

1 comment:

  1. Iggy is alright (I'm a fan), but I feel you. The sixers are not going to see the 2nd round of the playoffs for another few years. The Sixers have some really good players and have drafted well the last few years. (Louis, Thad, & *Speights)

    Classic Ice #14

    ReplyDelete