Thursday, November 5, 2009

True Phan!

So I met the Phillies at the train station today along with a few supporters of the team. We all gathered and cheered/said thanks as they arrived at 30th St.. station in Philadelphia. I know what you are thinking.."who does that?" Me that's who. I am a true fan of this team (all of my teams) and appreciate what they have done in the past three years (despite coming up short this year). The crowd wasn't as packed as I thought it would be, however those that did make it made their presence felt. It was great being at the train station with the few fans that showed up as we yelled out Phillies chants and clapped for each guy as that hopped off the train.
You see I am a real fan. I wear my emotions on my sleeve when it comes to my teams. I can front like this did not hurt but as the day went on and reality set in, the pain grew and it was obvious to me how much this run meant to me. I did not think the game was over until the last out was recorded. Call me crazy but I really felt like they had a chance and were going to win. But I guess I was wrong.

I believe that this group of players are a special bunch. They are very close to becoming THE team in baseball. They have a stud at 1st, 2nd, short, center, right and catcher. And they have a pretty good guy at 3rd and left, not to mention they have a very solid rotation. I know it may seem strange but I honestly stayed up a little while after Game 6 trying to think how this team can make another run in 2010.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks guys and I hope that you realize how much the fans in this city love you and appreciate what was accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment