Thursday, November 12, 2009

Steve Nash

It is amazing to me how Steve Nash appears to be "back" this season. In my last post I went on a rant about how the Suns were doing their thing so far and how Nash was having a great season. So many people decided to email me privately (instead of commenting on my post) and say that Nash has not matched up against any top flight point guards so far. I responded by saying "so are you telling me that Baron Davis, Monta Ellis, Jameer Nelson, Rajon Rondo, and Gilbert Arenas are not some of the better PGs in the game?" Most responded "lets see what he does against CP3 (Chris Paul)!"

Well for those that have not gotten into the NBA season yet, the Suns and Hornets battled Wednesday night and one team dominated the other. Drum role please!

Nash led his Suns to a convincing 124-104 victory over the Hornets, including a 75 point first have...DAMN! Now I will be honest the Suns appear to be a better team and CP3 did not have a bad game. Howeva Nash had a better game individually than Paul (in my opinion). Nash finished the game with 12 points (5-6 from the field) and 10 assist vs. CP3's 25 points and 6 assist. Now I know what you're thinking, how can you say Nash had a better game? Well I love when a PG gets a double double and also does not turn the ball over that much. I know Nash has better people around him so therefor he may not have to do as much as Paul but to me Nash makes those guys on his team (Channing Fry and Jared Dudley) relevant.

Nash is averaging 17.5 points and 12.6 assist a game. He also has put up a double double in 6 of the 8 games so far. In my opinion Nash is having a greats season and has now made the Suns a team I will watch every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment