Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I beLEEve

So let me be the first to say, I WAS WRONG. And yes even though I am wrong, I sure am happy to be it. Cliff Lee pitched a hell of a game. Leading my Phillies to a win in Game 1, setting up my favorite pitcher for a Game 2 win.

Lee looked great. He threw a complete game and besides a few rough innings in the beginning, he never looked to be in trouble. Lee had 5 strikeouts and only gave up 6 hits. He definitely made people like myself eat their words.

However I still feel like Cole should have been the Game 1 starter but once again Uncle Cholli shows how smart he is by having the faith in Lee to pitch in Game 1, allowing for last years World Series MVP to pitch in Game 2. WOW. Imagine how you would feel if you were the Colorado Rockies if after dropping the first game, you were told in Game 2 you had to face Cole Hamels aka "Lucky Left" aka "Jerv's favorite pitcher."

Now I am a die hard Philadelphia sports fan so I know all about heartbreaking losses. So I am not getting ahead of myself. I am taking each game 1 at a time. But I must admit this feels good knowing my team has at least a chance to repeat. So thanks a lot Lee for doing a hell of a job in Game 1 and I honestly hope Lucky Lefty continues what Lee started.

Lee you are the BLEEPING man and GO PHILLIES...And oh yeah these are just my thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. As u saw today C.Lee can go the distance. His velocity pretty much is what had him leading the series off. The phillies relief pitching needed as much rest as possible. Though both were struggling I think the manager decided to gamble on that lose game one and have my ace take game two. Ended up just the way he wished. My #2 starting off, and keeping the Rockies off balance. None of them looked very comfortable today in the box. And Jimenz's off speed pitches were not on point today as they normally were looks like Philly will take this in 5.

    ReplyDelete