Monday, October 12, 2009

Worth the wait

So Game 3 of the Phillies game didn't end till about 2:18am ET and honestly since my boys won it was worth it. The game was filled with tons of ups and downs along with a few head scratchers but at the end of the day the Fightin' Phillies showed they have the heart of a champion.

First I would like to say welcome to the 2009 MLB Postseason Mr. Chase Utley. Chase started the game off with a solo HR giving his team a 1-0 lead in the 1st inning silencing a lot of people that were starting to question his postseason ability. HOWEVA that lead was gone in the blink of an eye after Colorado knocked in two runs in the bottom of the 1st.

But the Phillies did not panic at any point in the game. It seemed like every time the Rockies took the lead, the Phillies would take it right back their next time at bat. For the most part the Phillies played a good game, they played small ball when they needed to and as we all know, IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS that win games.

The only complaint I have about the game would be the performance of J.A. Happ. Happ pull up a chair I promise to be gentle.

Dude what happen? Where you scared? Nervous? Or were you still hurt from the ball hitting you in Game 2? Please Happ just tell me! I promise I will understand. Something has to be wrong with you if you threw 76 pitches in three innings and gave up three runs on five hits. EXPLAIN IT PLEASE.

Ha maybe it's me Happ. Maybe I expected to much from you in your 1st start. Maybe I was aiming to high by asking you to go SIX innings and only giving up 2 or 3 runs. Oh well kid you'll get them next time.

Special shoutout to Brad Lidge. I was a little nervous when you entered the game BUT the people I watched the game with (yes TRUE fans watch EVERY pitch) will tell you I did want you in the game no matter how many runs we were up.

And lastly special shoutout to the homeplate umpire. Man you were squeezing the hell out of the pitchers. Your strike zone was SOOOOOOOOOOO small and made me realize that size does matter (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID). Oh well I would tear you a new one but my boys won so it's all good.

As always boys and gals please please remember these are just my thoughts!

Oh yeah I BeLEEve in Game 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment