Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I do not agree!

Ok so I understand that I am not a baseball manager, nor am I a genius...HOWEVA I do not agree with Uncle Chollie deciding to pitch Cliff Lee in Game 1 and not Cole Hamels. This is not a shot at Lee nor do I feel he is a bad pitcher, I just think that last years MVP of the Postseason (Kid Cole) is the man to lead the Phillies in Game 1.

Both pitchers are coming into the playoffs cool and not hot so that gives neither pitcher an advantage. Both are lefties so again no advantage there. The only reason I feel Cole should be the starter in Game 1 is because he has been there and done that before. Cole was undefeated last year and I feel more confident with his experience since Lee has not pitched in the playoffs before. Again please do not think I am against Lee, but we do not know how he will handle the pressure of pitching in the Postseason.

Why not ride Cole and allow him to win Game 1 so that Lee does not feel the pressure of having to take the lead in the series. Because if Lee pitches Game 2 with a 1-0 lead in the series he does not have to think about letting Colorado take the series lead.

But like I said I am not a manager nor do I consider myself a baseball expert. I trust Chollie, after all he did something no other manager/coach has done during my lifetime, WON A CHAMPIONSHIP (82-83 Sixers do not count, I was 2). So with that said good luck Lee and the rest of the gang, myself and the rest of the city are behind you 100%. Please win because despite winning last year WE ALL WANT ANOTHER PARADE!

But then again these are just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment