Friday, October 23, 2009

I figured it out

So I was at a random bar for Game 5 of the ALCS and my plan was to watch the game in peace. I have never been the one to hide my feelings, so naturally I was cheering for the Angels. Not because I want to play them in the World Series (because honestly I do not care who the Phillies play), but because IF the Yankees win the ALCS I want C.C. to pitch in Game 7 and to have one extra game under his belt before they face us.

Back to the game. The Angels are up 4-0 and I am thinking "yes there will at least be a Game 6." I go to the bathroom and come out and see the score is now 6-4 and I yelled out a few words that I am not allowed to type in my blog. But since the Angels are not my team I wasn't to mad, UNTIL I here a man that had to be in his 70's yell from across the bar at me "that's what we do baby!" I said "no not you, please buddy NOT YOU!" That man and I went back and forth all game and we exchanged some priceless quotes as we talked about the possibilities of our team facing each other in the World Series.

I wrote all of that to say I understand why people HATE the Yankees. I mean here I was in some random bar enjoying the game and AS SOON as the Yankees do something I hear "that's what we do baby!" This guy and the countless other fans were quiet until they took the lead. Shoot they were quiet when the Angels won the game also.

I am going to say it again, the Yankees have not made it yet! Yes I do think they will make it but they did not make it yet! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...ANYTHING! So please give my team the respect they deserve and stop acting as if the Yankees have made it already and shoot if they do don't act as if they are the champs. Last time I checked we were the "world f'n champions!"

3 comments:

  1. How long were you in the bathroom?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a brief convo after I left the bathroom also

    ReplyDelete