Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pedro in Game 2

So it's Pedro in Game 2. I am shocked and also somewhat sad (in a male sports fan way). It was all good just a year ago. Kid Cole (who in the house where I watch playoff games will not have his name mentioned) was lights out. He was a guaranteed "W." Now it's almost a guarantee that he will not make it out of the 5th inning and that he will give up at least 2 homers.

How good would it be for a Phillies fan to know that in Game 1 you had Lee and in Game 2 you had #35 if they were both pitching how we expect them to. Instead you are sending out Pedro in the Bronx so that he can hear numerous chants from the ever so classy Yankees fans. I have a feeling that in Game 2 I will get tired of hearing chants of "who's your daddy!"

With all that being said I think that Pedro will hold his own in Game 2 and feel like the Phillies will be able to leave Yankees stadium with a split. I honestly hope it is Game 1 because that will be the ultimate blow to all their fans who have been texting me saying that this will be an easy series for the Yanks.

And thanks George Steinbrenner for adding fuel to the disrespect fire. For those that missed it George said that the Yankees are looking forward to winning #27! Wow! Wow! I love how nobody is giving the team any respect at all. I wonder if back to back titles will demand respect? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Phillies in 6


No comments:

Post a Comment