Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thank Heaven for Number Eleven

Man what a game, what a game. As I was sitting there watching the game I was thinking what can I say if this team doesn't win. What will I talk about? Who will I fault? Do I blame Pedro Feliz for his throwing error or for his lack of performance in clutch spots all postseason? Nah! Do I praise Carlos Ruiz for his outstanding play all series despite a loss? Nah. And then it happened, Jimmy Rollins showed why this team should NEVER be counted out of a game.

Thank you Jimmy for making today a good day. You came up big in a very big moment. Thank you for reminding the city why you are a former M.V.P. Thank you for confirming my thoughts of you being the best shortstop in the history of the franchise. For lack of a better phrase "Jimmy you are the man!"

Hey Jimmy if it's not too much trouble would you mind giving Cole a pep talk. I have a feeling he will be the starter for Game 5 and well although he won Game 1, he still has not looked like the Cole of last year. Jimmy let Cole know that he can do it. He is still one of the best lefties in the game. He still has one of the best fastball/changeup combos in the game. I honestly hope that the rally towels and the energy of the fans does enough to get Cole going. Let him know we are behind him 100% and that all will be forgotten if he comes out and pitches like his is supposed to pitch. Thanks!

Oh Jimmy can you also let Ryan Howard know that his hot streak is not going unnoticed! Ryan is showing the world what we have all witnessed for years. I am not saying he is the best in the game but he is up there. Keep it up Ryan, and LETS GO PHILLIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment